Sunday, May 29, 2011

Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken

I love this chicken and I love how SIMPLE it is!! It's perfect served over a bed of brown rice.

Recipe adapted from Spark Recipes

1.5 lb Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts or tenders
1/2 cup Apricot Preserves
1/2 - 3/4 cup French (or Russian) Dressing
1 packet Dry Onion Soup Mix

In a small bowl combine apricot preserves, dressing, and onion soup mix. Put chicken into crock pot and cover with sauce. Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours. Makes 4-6 servings.

p.s. Most of the time that I make this I am in a hurry. I don't even bother mixing the ingredients in a bowl first and I don't measure. I just toss in 2-3 spoonfuls of jelly and squirt in some dressing until I feel good about the flavor balance -- then sprinkle the soup mix on top. It's fool-proof and turns out great every time.

No comments: