Monday, February 7, 2011

Slow Cooker Chicken & Mushrooms

(Fancy photo from mobile phone.)

We made this chicken yesterday since we got a bunch of mushrooms in our Bountiful Basket. I went to On My Menu to figure out what in the world I could make with them (I've noticed she likes mushrooms). I'm so glad I did, because this chicken was simple and yummy and tasted very similar to a stroganoff.

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 pkg. onion soup mix (I only had half a pkg and it turned out fine -- just needed a bit of salt & pepper when serving)
1 can chicken broth
1 small can mushrooms, drained (I added a couple handfuls of fresh, sliced mushrooms)

Place chicken breasts in crock pot. Combine mushroom soup, onion soup pkg, chicken broth and mushrooms. Pour over top of chicken. Cook on low for 6 hours.

Serve over noodles or rice.

2 comments:

Camden said...

Hey, I hope you're feeling better. my FIL got shingles last summer. He was SO uncomfortable. I hope you're on the up and up.

I LOVE mushrooms but NO ONE else in my family does. This looks delicious. Maybe I'll make it and strain all the mushrooms onto my plate!

Jessica said...

Candra, you ARE a supercuz. I'm so glad you have a food blog, now we have dinner tonight!