Thursday, April 15, 2010

This Week's Menu 4/16 - 4/22

Gazpacho
(Photo Credit)


This past week our menu plan backfired. DJ spent his entire birthday working on a research paper and barely looked up from his books. And I didn't move the meat from the fridge to the freezer soon enough in the week, so when I pulled out the chicken to make dinner last night -- it smelled like rotting fish. Nah -- no, thanks. So I winged it a few times.

Last Sunday we went to dinner at the Meegan's. I loved being in the home of my old roommate and dear friend. She made the most amazing pork and I tried couscous for the first time. I just kept thinking that I couldn't wait to try it out for myself. So, Clarissa, does our Sunday meal this week look familiar? Apparently it inspired a few other Mediterranean meals. Your cooking was just that inspirational!

Friday: Out
Saturday: Pita Sandwiches + Lemonade + Fruit
Sunday: Mediterranean Pork + Couscous + Tomato & Avocado Salad + WW Pitas
Monday: Gazpacho + Toasted Pita Bread
Tuesday: Omelets + Toast + Smoothies
Wednesday: Ritz Chicken + Roasted Potatoes + Fresh Fruit
Thursday: Hawaiian Haystacks + Fresh Fruit

Other:
Hummus
Whole Wheat Pita Bread

1 comment:

Clarissa Meegan said...

And YOUR cooking was just as inspiring! Pat hasn't stopped talking about your salad since! Luckily I'm stopping at Sprouts today!!!

*Let me know how the pork turns out!