Sunday, March 17, 2013

Blair's Baked Macaroni & Cheese

[photo to come]

I once heard my friend, Blair tell another friend how she makes her favorite baked macaroni and cheese. Blair has a way with words, but I knew once she described it that I must have the recipe. I knew it would be delicious. And it was - BOTH times I made it within the week she gave me the recipe. I made it for company one night. The group included small children, teenagers, and adults -- and everyone loved it. I'm a fan.

8 oz macaroni elbox noodles (whole wheat)
8 oz sharp cheddar, shredded
1 1/2 c. cottage cheese
1 c. sour cream
1/4 c. (or more) parmesan cheese
salt & pepper, to taste
1 c. milk
Ham, cubed - optional (deli-sliced or baked)
Broccoli bits or peas - optional 

1 c. bread crumbs (or crushed crackers, cornflakes)
1/4 c. butter, melted

Boil noodles according to package directions. Drain noodles and combine with all other ingredients (except for bread crumbs and butter) in 9x9 baking dish and stir it well. Sprinkle bread crumbs over macaroni mixture then drizzle butter over it. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes to warm.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I haven't found a mac n cheese recipe that I love...yet. Thanks for sharing, I will have to try this one!