Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Kale Salad with Oranges

Photo from Elana's Pantry

I was just telling my sister about this recipe the other day. I haven't made it since last Winter and I've been craving it lately. I realized that I never posted about this gem of a recipe, only linked to it in my menus. Here is a very healthy salad I hope to be biting into very soon.

Recipe from Elana's Pantry

1 bunch kale
1 Tbsp olive oil
¼ tsp Celtic sea salt (or whatever salt you have on-hand)
1 lime, juiced
1 tsp balsamic vinegar (I've used a poppy seed vinaigrette, instead)
1 Tbsp red onion, finely chopped
1 orange, peeled and sliced

Chop the kale into thin ribbons. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Massage the kale with your hands to soften it, then allow it to sit for 5-10 minutes.

Add the lime juice, vinegar, onion and orange. Allow to marinate for 10 minutes.

No comments: