Saturday, August 14, 2010

Ritz Chicken


We make this chicken often, but I have never actually posted the recipe on our blog -- usually I just include a link to the original source: What's On My Menu. We love this chicken -- it's a nice replacement of greasy, mystery-meat chicken nuggets. Kids love it. And DJ is probably this recipe's biggest fan. And I'm a fan of the fact that I pretty much always have these ingredients on-hand.

4 chicken breasts OR 10-12 chicken tenders (we use about 7-10 tenders for our family of 3)
2 egg whites, lightly beaten w/1 tsp water
1 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
1/2 tsp garlic salt
pinch of pepper
1/4 butter, cut into cubes

- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place egg whites and water in a shallow bowl. Mix cracker crumbs and seasonings and place in another shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken in egg whites, then in cracker crumbs. Place in a 9x13 lightly greased pan. (I use an 8x8)
- Cut butter into small pieces and place around chicken.
- Bake 25 min for chicken tenders, and 40 min for chicken breasts (until chicken is golden and crisp).

No comments: