Monday, July 1, 2013

Blair's Taco Soup


Sometimes I tend my friend's daughter. One day I was watching her during lunch time so her mom had sent her with some leftover taco soup for lunch. When we all sat down for our separately prepared meals, I peeled the little girl's tupperware open and thought, "Whoa! I have to sneak a bite of that." And I did. As much I wanted to trade lunches with this toddler, I did not. But I did ask her mom for the recipe. So here it is: Blair's Taco Soup recipe. We made some last week and topped it off with cheese, cilantro, avocado, sour cream, and tortilla chips. 

1 - 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef
1 onion, diced
Salt, pepper, Taco seasoning
1 can stewed tomatoes (I used diced)
1 small can tomato sauce
1 can chili bean blend (a combo of black, kidney, and pinto beans), rinsed and drained
1 can or small bag of frozen corn

Heat some olive oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Saute onions for 1 minute then add ground beef. Season with salt, pepper, and taco seasoning to taste. Combine with canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, and corn. Cook in the crock pot for 3-4 hours on high or simmer on the stove for 30 minutes.

No comments: