Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Cherry & Apricot Larabars

I love these homemade Larabars. And I actually got around to making them today. I feel like I'm eating a little treat -- but really they are natural, raw, and healthy: a great find if you ask me. This is my original recipe but I used a similar one from Pinterest that had slightly different proportions. I adapted it  just slightly by adding a couple dashes of cinnamon. 


Cherry Pie Larabars
adapted slightly from The Pancake Princess

1/2 cup pitted dates
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup dried cherries
1/2 – 1 tablespoon warm water
1 tsp (or to taste) cinnamon

In a food processor, process the dates and almonds until finely ground. Add the cherries and process until the mixture is in small, even, coarse pieces. If the mixture seems too dry to easily stick together, add warm water 1/4 tablespoon at a time until the mixture starts to clump together.

Using a Tablespoon, spoon a nice round ball of mixture onto a square of wax paper. Form into a square or rectangle then wrap in paper. Store in a freezer ziploc bag or airtight container. I like to keep mine in the freezer.

Apricot Almond Larabars
inspired from recipe above

**Use the same measurements and instructions above, using dried apricots in place of dried cherries.**
1/2 cup pitted dates
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup dried apricots
1/2 - 1 tablespoon warm water
1 tsp (or to taste) cinnamon

No comments: