Monday, April 5, 2010

Wild Rice Salad

My friend, Emily made this salad for a bridal shower a few months ago and I thought it was amazing. I loved the texture and the combination of flavors -- with the crunch of the almonds. Mmm! I asked for the recipe so that I could attempt to make it myself.

Recipe from Emily Bevan

1 box Long Grain & Wild Rice Mix (Uncle Ben's)
3 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
4 green onions, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 bunch asparagus, blanched and cut
2 small avocados, diced
1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Fresh lemon juice

Dressing:
1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. pepper

Prepare rice according to box directions; cool. Add the rest of the salad ingredients except lemon juice and avocado. Mix dressing in the blender then combine with salad. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve. A few minutes before serving, add lemon juice and avocado.

Makes 6 servings.

No comments: