Friday, February 26, 2010

How I Cook Brown Rice.


Several months ago I did an internet search on how to cook brown rice. Ever since then, this has been the way I cook it which is super easy and takes about 35 minutes from start to finish. And it always turns out just the way I like it. (Way better than the old minute rice I used to buy.)

You can find the original source here.

Instructions:
3 cups water
2 cups brown rice (long or short grain)
(Use the ratio of 1.5 cups water to 1 cup rice. Maybe 4.5 cups water and 3 cups rice for a larger batch.)

Combine both rice and water in a pot over High heat. Bring the water to a boil while uncovered. Then cover with a lid and reduce to low heat. Simmer for 20 minutes.

Turn off heat and let rice sit (still covered) for another 10 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork and ENJOY!

No comments: