Saturday, January 9, 2010

BBQ Chicken Salad

I was inspired to try making this salad when I saw that Jane from This Week for Dinner had it on her weekly menu. She had tried this salad at a San Diego restaurant called Croutons. So I looked up the restaurant's menu and attempted my own version. Here's what I did:

2 Chicken Breasts + about 1/2 a bottle of BBQ sauce cooked in the slow cooker then shredded (I bet it would also be delicious cooked on the grill)
1 head of Romain Lettuce, chopped
1 can Corn, drained and rinsed (or from 1-2 ears of fresh corn)
1 can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1-2 tomatoes, diced
Cilantro, chopped
Avocado, diced
Ranch Dressing

The restaurant served their salad with...what else?....cornbread croutons. I skipped this part but I bet it would be tasty with those or some crushed corn chips for some extra crunch.

No comments: