Recipe from Homegrown Happy
7 c. Rolled Oats
3 c. Nuts and/or Seeds (Mix and match: almonds, walnuts, cashews, hazelnuts, pecans, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and flax seeds)
1 c. Unsweetened Coconut flakes
1/2 c. Powdered Milk or soymilk (optional, adds a bit of protein and creaminess)
1/4 c. Brown Sugar
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 c. Oil (vegetable or a mild flavored olive oil)
1/2 c. Maple Syrup (or substitute with honey)
1 tsp. Vanilla
3 c. Dried Fruit (Again, mix and match: raisins, cranberries, cherries, banana chips or chopped dates, apples, apricots, etc)
1) Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Mix the dry ingredients (oats through salt) together in a large bowl.
3) Add the wet ingredients (oil through vanilla) and stir well to coat. If you've used honey, you should warm it with the oil and vanilla so it will spread evenly.
4) Spread the granola on two ungreased baking sheets and toast in the preheated oven, stirring every 10 minutes, until warm and just starting to turn golden brown, about 30 minutes total.
5) Return the granola to the mixing bowl and stir in the dried fruit. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.